Monday, October 21, 2019

Worship in the Waiting



                                                                         
     There is no better place to worship than in the dark. I don’t necessarily mean the physical dark, though you could. I mean seasonal, spiritual, or emotional darkness. Worship takes the focus off of the darkness, and invites the Light in. It changes our posture from being dominated by our circumstances, to being surrendered to the One who can carry them. Imagine being in a dark room. Once you draw back the curtain, not only does the light dissolve the darkness, but there’s a view of what lies beyond the dark room you’re standing in. Worship is that window to hope, perspective, and the light. It allows us to see past our hurt, our fear, or our circumstances, and see truth.

     Today is day +11. Fenix is doing very well. In fact, he’s doing so well, that the nurses and doctors are quite surprised. However, we have seen rougher nights. He has had nights of severe stomach pain when all he could do is lie in a ball and cry. He has had bouts of puking that have lasted all night long. There have been fevers. He has had fits of rage from the misery of taking meds and doing mouth care because it makes him feel worse. He’s now losing all of his hair. All this to say, he is still doing better than most. It goes to show how dark circumstances can get surrounding disease and treatments. The worst of nights he just had me crawl into bed and hold him as he suffered. Those nights I would just sing. As I sang I would worship the One who entrusted me with such a gift; such a calling. I would thank Him for my child, and even for the journey. I would sing, and as I sang our son would fall asleep peacefully. As the days got rougher, he started to ask me to pray with him each medicine he would have to take, or each mouth care he would have to perform. We would pray for the doctors and nurses, and for each child and family here. We would pray for healing and hope; blessing and favor. He is learning that even though there is pain, and even though there are things that he doesn’t want to go through, he can hold onto God. He can have hope. And he can even have hope for others.

     The truth is, we weren’t created to stay where we are. We weren’t created to remain hurt, broken, or carrying the burden of darkness. That’s not our bag to hold- it’s His. We were created for a purpose; for a mission. We were created to shine, and to reflect Him.

     So here we are - waiting. We are waiting for engraftment. We are waiting for healing. We are waiting for daylight, and we are waiting for the future. While we wait we will worship, because that’s what helps light up the dark, that’s what helps find truth, and that’s what helps employ strength. We were designed to worship, and so were you. Whatever you are waiting for, wherever your journey is taking you, you are not alone. We are all waiting for something. So while we wait for whatever breakthrough is coming, let’s worship in the waiting.

Until next time... “I will lift my hands while I’m waiting. Louder than my fears I will sing. May my heart ever be reminded, You are good, You are good...” - Life Church Worship
   
  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yspGtoYLbdE

No comments:

Post a Comment