Monday, March 20, 2017

Bestie-Less

        First, I will start out by speaking some truth. Ladies, we are amazing creatures! We can multitask like nobody's business, love some kind of fierce, change our minds on a dime, mother anything that moves, and most importantly, make leggings and yoga pants look GOOD! However, somehow with all this awesome in one package, we sometimes find it hard to make friends. I know, I know, it's crazy, but making girlfriends can be harder than finding a mate! Forget about mommy friends, and couples friends. Maybe it's because one room couldn't possibly contain all that awesomeness, BUT maybe it's something else. 
        Besties can be the greatest people on the planet. They are the sugar to your spice, the sweet to your sour, and the mayo to your mustard. (I probably should refrain from writing when I'm hungry.) Moving on from food analogies. A friend can calm you down, and hype you up. They can speak frankly, yet do so in a way that is accepted. They point you towards greatness, and cheer you on to success. Though, have you ever been in a season that seems as if you are Bestie-less? 
I'm not implying that your bestie is no longer, or that you are a hermit with no friends. I am saying that maybe you are in different seasons, or maybe busy with life, and lack the time to catch up. I have a BFF that has been in my life since we were five. FIVE!!!!! I can call her no matter what. Yet, I’ve still gone through seasons where I feel lonely and distant. I have often wondered what was wrong with me, or at times with everyone else because I'm usually pretty awesome! Kidding! (Kind of.) However, in those seasons, no matter how hard I try to push into relationships they seem to come back void. Why?
 Sometimes there are obvious reasons, or, sometimes the relationship isn’t healthy to continue, but that’s not what I’m talking about. I am talking about times when all is well, but you still can’t seem to connect. I have found that in these spells of feeling friendless, I haven't stumbled into that season, but have been placed there. If we just stop and reflect in those dry seasons we will often times find that God is gently calling us to pursue Him more passionately, read His word more frequently, and “befriend” Him more purposefully. These times aren’t always easy, but if we press in instead of stress out during our friendship droughts, we will find a strengthening in our relationship with God, and shortly thereafter, an outpouring of friendship in which we have something to offer. 
           You are amazing. So, whether your friendships are plenty, or you find yourself seeking more, be aware of your purpose in this season. Be your own kind of awesome!

Until next time, Beautiful.

1 comment: