Monday, April 24, 2017

Oh. My. Demigoddess!

       Some women hold the title Domestic Goddess; some Total Goddess. I am NOT one of those women. I have tried to meet all the criteria in those job descriptions, and have fallen short in many categories. Some, however, I have conquered. When I was still tossing around the idea of this blog, a friend of mine asked if this would be a blog about food and crafts. I wanted the blog to succeed, which is why I have refrained from including such topics in my writing. If in the future I take ground in those areas I'll let you know. Until then, I will focus my efforts in other arenas.
       We are all great at something. Most likely you are great at many things. On the flip side, we all have our weaknesses. No matter how great we are at something, it's always the weakness that gets the attention. Why is that? It's as if there is something within us that says, "Yeah, I'm great at this, BUT I'm weak over here." We throw all of our energy into bettering our weakness while our greatness sits on the shelf. Part of being who we are is knowing who we aren't. There is strength in recognizing that! I can't be you, and you can't be me. We were never meant to be! (Pay no attention to the rhyming that just unintentionally took place.) God loves variety, which is why he didn't create a bunch of clones. Each of us have been purposefully created for a unique cause. We all have passions and desires that are paired with specific gifts and talents. So, let's use them!
"OMD!"
       I, for one, do not possess the art of sewing. Or cooking, or cleaning, or crafting, or organization. Note that I said "art". I can do all of these things, but none of these are my passions or strong suits. I love learning, creating, writing, music, singing, and I am good at these things. I love people, which works out because I have 6 little people running around me all day everyday, and they know they are loved and cherished. 
       What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What season are you in? Strengths may change with the season. Don't get frustrated with yourself if you were once fantastic at something, and now it just isn't working for you anymore. Find out what God has given you, and where He has placed you in this season. Own it. We aren't meant to do what we weren't created to do. When I find myself trying to keep up with Princess Pinterest, it drains the life out of me. That's an indication that I am trying to fill someone else's shoes. What is life-giving to you? Could that be something God has gifted you with to influence the world around you? Our gifts are to be used for a purpose greater than ourselves. How cool is that?! We each possess something, that when shared, can change the world!
       Whether you find a pen in your hand, or a baby on your hip, know that you have purpose, and the opportunity for greatness. Stand tall, and walk with confidence. Know that you are strong with weaknesses, NOT weak with strengths. We can't all be goddesses. So, for now, I'll settle for Demigoddess.

Until next time, Beautiful.

1 comment: